Aflac is a Fortune 500 company that insures more than 50 million people worldwide and has more than 12.3 million policies and certificates in force in the United States.*
- Aflac’s primary markets are the United States and Japan.
- Aflac processes most claims within an average of four days.**
- Aflac is committed to a healthy environment and sustainable business practices.
- Aflac or its affiliates are licensed to do business in all 50 states as well as in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Guam.
*Aflac 2013 Year in Review.
**Aflac company statistics, December 31, 2013.
Products & Services
- Accident (D)
- Cancer/Specified-Disease (D)
- Critical Care & Recovery
- Critical Illness (Lump Sum)
- Dental (D)
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity
- Life (D)
- Short-Term Disability
(D) – Available as direct billing product or non payroll
Featured Product / Service
The Aflac short-term disability insurance policy helps to cover the loss of income resulting from a sickness or injury. It is priced and underwritten to gain entry into most types of businesses. For underwriting if the group has three policies (with only one STD policy), the STD offers guaranteed issue features!This underwriting makes Aflac, and the STD product, the perfect combination for a new business or takeover.
Coverage is underwritten by American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus. In New York, coverage is underwritten by American Family Life Assurance Company of New York.